Dear Legal Structures and Rule of Law Delegates,
I am writing with news regarding your upcoming delegation to the UAE, convening in Abu Dhabi on April 22nd, 2023. We are pleased to confirm the program will proceed. The delegation will begin in Abu Dhabi and conclude in Dubai.
The Delegate Communications Site (DCS) can be accessed at Legal Structures and the Rule of Law Delegation Landing Page. Over the next few months as we prepare for you delegation, we will continue to update this site with travel and professional program information.
Flight Arrangements and Arrival Visa
- Although the program will begin in Abu Dhabi, we have found from past delegations, booking round-trip fares to and from Dubai has proven to have more favorable airfares than booking with multiple cities. We suggest booking your flights to Dubai arriving on April 22nd, 2023 (departing the US on April 21st, 2023) and departing from Dubai on April 28th, 2023.
- We have reviewed the available flights arriving and departing from the US and have found that the majority of flights arrive and depart in similar time windows. We will arrange group transfers that coincide with the majority of arrivals into Dubai and departures out of Dubai. If you choose to arrive or depart outside of the arrival and departure windows, it is easy to grab a taxi to and from the airport. See below for the estimated cost.
- Included Group Transfer Arrival Window:
- Dubai International Airport transfer to the Radisson Blu Corniche, Abu Dhabi (90 minutes): transfers will be provided on April 22nd, at Midnight, 1:30 am, and 9am. (allowing 30-45 minutes for the emigration and customs)
- Independent arrangement transfer cost (taxi) is approximately $145-$165 USD.
- Included Group Transfer Departure Window:
- Crown Plaza Jumeriah Hotel, Dubai, transfer to the Dubai International Airport (20 minutes): transfers will be provided on April 27th at 11pm, and April 28that 2am and 6am. (allowing 2 plus hours for flight check-in procedures) Independent arrangement transfer cost (taxi) is approximately $40-50 USD.
- You are responsible for arranging your own transportation if your flight arrives or departs outside of these windows or at a different airport.
- We ask that you provide a copy of your flight itinerary so that our ground team will know when to expect you and we can help trouble shoot in the event of flight delays. Regardless of your airport transfer plans, please submit the Flight Information Form as soon as you book your flights.
- If you choose to arrive early/later or depart earlier/later, additional nights may be available at the hotel by contacting the hotel directly. The most competitive hotel rates can be found on the hotel website or by calling the hotel directly.
Abu Dhabi Delegation Hotel:
Radisson Blu Hotel & Resort, Abu Dhabi Corniche
Corniche Road, Al Bateen, Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Phone: +971 2 681 1900
Dubai Delegation Hotel:
Al Mina Road, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates
Phone: +971 4 702 7000
- For US Citizens, The Entry Visa for the United Arab Emirates will be issued upon arrival at the Dubai International Airport. Additional information will be updated on the Citizen Ambassador Programs Delegate Communications Site.
- Many participants choose to purchase travel insurance. I suggest checking with the credit card company for the card used to purchase your flights.
Predeparture Communications and Action Items
- The Final Schedule of Activities, reflecting the composition of the delegation, meeting agendas, and counterpart information, will be sent approximately 30 days prior to departure via email and will be on the DCS.
- Please complete the Professional Profile Form to assist our delegation leader and overseas hosts in planning your professional program, and to best meet your expectations for this delegation.
- Add guests to your trip using the Citizen Ambassador Program enrollment form. Guests are invited to participate in a culturally immersive program with visits to a variety of places in Abu Dhabi, ranging from Ferrari World to Bollywood Theme Park! More information can be found on the DCS under Professional Exchange Preparation/ UAE Travel Information/ UAE Guest Program for Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Please note that the cost for an accompanying guest is the same as a professional delegate, as the program cost is based on double occupancy and your guest will have a parallel program while you are in your professional meetings.
- Take full advantage of this opportunity to travel by registering for the optional Cultural Extension to Oman. If you would like to participate, but did not register upon enrollment, please email CitizenAmbassador@culturalvistas.org.
Covid-19 Travel Precaution Requirements
- Covid-19 Travel Precaution Requirements change frequently, these will be updated closer to departure.
Thank you for your participation in this exciting exchange program.
If you have any additional questions, please contact me.
Director, Citizen Ambassador Program