Dear National Association of School Nurses Delegates and Guests,
I am writing with news regarding your upcoming delegation to the UAE, convening in Abu Dhabi on May 26th, 2023. We are pleased to confirm the program will proceed. The delegation will begin in Abu Dhabi and conclude in Dubai.
The Delegate Communications Site (DCS) can be accessed at Citizen Ambassador Programs Delegate Communications Site. Over the next few months as we prepare for you delegation, we will continue to update this site with travel and professional program information.
Flight Arrangements and Arrival Visa
- Although the program will begin in Abu Dhabi, we have found from past delegations, booking round-trip fares to and from Dubai has proven to have more favorable airfares than booking with multiple cities. We suggest booking your flights to Dubai arriving on May 26th, 2023 (departing the US on May 25th, 2023) and departing from Dubai on June 2nd, 2023.
- Many delegates have expressed interest in booking flights with other delegates that live near them. As such, we have attached to this email a list of registered delegates and guests, their locations, and emails.
- We have reviewed the available flights arriving and departing from the US and have found that the majority of flights arrive and depart in similar time windows. We will arrange group transfers that coincide with the majority of arrivals into Dubai and departures out of Dubai. If you choose to arrive or depart outside of the arrival and departure windows, it is easy to grab a taxi to and from the airport. See below for the estimated cost.
- Included Group Transfer Arrival Window:
- Dubai International Airport transfer to the Radisson Blu Corniche, Abu Dhabi (90 minutes): transfers will be provided on May 26th, at 10am, 2pm, and 8pm. (allowing 30-45 minutes for the emigration and customs)
- Independent arrangement transfer cost (taxi) is approximately $145-$165 USD.
- Included Group Transfer Departure Window:
- Crown Plaza Jumeriah Hotel, Dubai, transfer to the Dubai International Airport (20 minutes): transfers will be provided on June 2nd at 9pm and 11 pm, and June 3rd at 2am. (allowing 2 plus hours for flight check-in procedures)
- Independent arrangement transfer cost (taxi) is approximately $40-50 USD.
- If you would like to be included in these transfers, we highly recommend that flights are booked as soon as possible. It is unlikely that these flights will still be available if you delay booking.
- You are responsible for arranging your own transportation if your flight arrives or departs outside of these windows or at a different airport.
- We ask that you provide a copy of your flight itinerary so that our ground team will know when to expect you and so we can help trouble shoot in the event of multiple flight delays. Regardless of your airport transfer plans, please submit the Flight Information Form as soon as you book your flights.
- If you choose to arrive early/later or depart earlier/later, additional nights may be available at the hotel by contacting the hotel directly. The most competitive hotel rates can be found on the hotel website or by calling the hotel directly.
|Abu Dhabi Delegation Hotel: Radisson Blu Hotel & Resort, Abu Dhabi Corniche Corniche Road, Al Bateen, Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates Phone: +971 2 681 1900||Dubai Delegation Hotel: Crowne Plaza Jumeriah- Dubai Al Mina Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates Phone: +971 4 702 7000|
- For US Citizens, The Entry Visa for the United Arab Emirates will be issued upon arrival at the Dubai International Airport.
- Many participants choose to purchase travel insurance. I suggest checking with the credit card company for the card used to purchase your flights.
Predeparture Communications and Action Items
- The Final Schedule of Activities, reflecting the composition of the delegation, meeting agendas, and counterpart information, will be sent approximately 30 days prior to departure via email and will be on the DCS.
- Please complete the Professional Profile Form to assist our delegation leader and overseas hosts in booking hotels and planning your professional program to best meet your expectations for this delegation.
- Our ground team will be coordinating travel, accommodations and meeting sites associated with your delegation. Many travel service providers and counterpart institutions require copies of this information. Please submit at copy of your Passport and Covid-19 Vaccination card using the Vaccine and Passport documentationsubmission portal.
- Add guests to your trip using the Citizen Ambassador Program enrollment form. Guests are invited to participate in a culturally immersive program with visits to a variety of places in Abu Dhabi, ranging from Ferrari World to Bollywood Theme Park! More information can be found on the DCS under Professional Exchange Preparation/ UAE Travel Information/ UAE Guest Program for Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Please note that the cost for an accompanying guest is the same as a professional delegate, as the program cost is based on double occupancy and your guest will have a parallel program while you are in your professional meetings.
- Take full advantage of this opportunity to travel by registering for the optional Cultural Extension to Oman. If you would like to participate, but did not register upon enrollment, please email CitizenAmbassador@culturalvistas.org.
- Join the WhatsApp group using this link. This will be your primary mode of communicating during the delegation. It also serves as a platform to ask questions pre-departure. If you have any difficulty downloading the app or joining the group, please call me (Kasey McKevitt) at 202-545-7034. I am happy to walk you through the steps of joining the group.
Covid-19 Travel Precaution Requirements
- Covid-19 Travel Precaution Requirements change frequently, these will be updated closer to departure.
Thank you for your participation in this exciting exchange program. If you have any additional questions, please contact Dawn Davis, Director, Citizen Ambassador Programs, or Kasey McKevitt, Assistant Program Officer, at 202-545-7034, or via email at email@example.com.
Citizen Ambassador Team
Dawn Davis, Program Director
Kasey McKevitt, Assistant Program Officer