Dear Legal Structures and Rule of Law Delegates,
We hope you are looking forward to the delegation in the UAE coming up very soon. After you read through this email in its entirety in preparation for your departure, please be sure to bring your questions to the pre-departure call this afternoon, Thursday March 30th, 2023, at 2:30pm EST using this link.
The Rule of Law Delegation Landing Page has been updated to increase accessibility to the delegation final information. Please review the following updates before departing for your delegation:
- Delegation Programming – Professional and Accompanying Guest Schedules of Activities (to be updated early next week) , Professional Exchange Preparation, Professional Purpose Statement, and Leader Biography.
- Travel Information – Before You Depart (Action items before departure to the UAE), Travel Readiness (includes dress codes, currency, cultural awareness, packing, etc.), Travel Essentials (includes COVID-19, Visa, and arrival information and Passport Requirements), UAE Culture briefing, Hotel Contact Information and Address, Emergency Contact Information, and WhatsApp group link.
- Delegation Information (Password Protected) – Delegation Contact Information and rooming list, Delegate Professional Profiles, and Arrival and Departure Windows (Note: this update includes all final withdrawals and late enrollments).
As personal information is listed in the delegation information section, this site is password protected and only accessible to delegation members. The Password for the Delegation Information is: ROL2023.
- Thoroughly read through the links listed on the Rule of Law Landing Page, posted on the Delegate Communications Site.
- Check your flight information and the rooming list, ensure that we have noted the proper arrangements for you and your guests. Please inform us if you see anything that needs to be updated. If you plan on arriving before the delegation hotels begin on the evening of April 22nd, please be sure you have an added night booked at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Resort, Abu Dhabi Corniche.
- Many delegates in this delegation are arriving around the same time, so we were able to adjust the arrival and departure windows to catch all the delegates that are departing on the defined date and airport as outlined in the January 18th Commencement Letter. The group transfers are as follows:
- T-01: Delegates arriving by 7:45pm April 21st.
- T-02: Delegates arriving by 12:00am April 22nd.
- T-03: Delegates arriving by 1:30am April 22nd.
- T-04: Delegates arriving by 9:00am April 22nd.
- T-01: Delegates departing before 2:30am April 28th.
- T-02: Delegates departing before 5:30am April 28th.
- T-03: Delegates departing before 8:30am April 28th.
- All other transfers, outside of the set arrival and departure windows (indicated using red text on the transfer sheet), are expected to make their own arrangements. Our recommendations for Dubai ground transportation are highlighted on the website on this link.
- Join the WhatsApp group using this link. This is required and will be your primary mode of communicating during the delegation. If you have any difficulty downloading the app or joining the group, please call me (Kasey McKevitt) at 202-545-7034. I am happy to walk you through the steps of joining the group.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.
Citizen Ambassador Team
Dawn Davis, Program Director
Kasey McKevitt, Assistant Program Officer