I am writing with news regarding your upcoming delegation to the Kingdom of Morocco, convening in Rabat on November 30th, 2022. We are pleased to confirm the program will proceed. The delegation will arrive in Casablanca, convene in Rabat, and conclude in Marrakesh.
The Delegate Communications Site (DCS) can be accessed at Citizen Ambassador Programs Delegate Communications Site. Over the next few months as we prepare for you delegation, we will continue to update this site with travel and professional program information. Your updated Preliminary Schedule of Activities is available on the site at Delegations/ American College of Surgeons/ Preliminary Schedule of Activities.
Flight Arrangements and Arrival Visa
- In preparation for your departure, you may wish to schedule your flights to Mohammed V International Airport in Casablanca to arrive on November 30th, 2022 (departing the US on November 29th, 2022) and departing from Marrakesh on December 6th, 2022.
- The majority of flights, departing the US and arriving in Casablanca on November 30th, arrive between 3pm and 10pm, and depart Marrakesh on December 6th, between 7am and 2pm. Airport transfer will be provided for participants arriving and departing in these transfer windows. We will do our best to adjust the transfer window to catch all arrivals and departures.
- If you choose to arrive early/later or depart earlier/later, please note that you will need to make your own arrangements for airport transfers or additional hotel reservations. The cost for extra nights and private transfers can be found on Destinations/ Morocco Travel Information/ Morocco Added Travel Services.
- There is no tourist visa requirement for Morocco. However, your passport must be valid for at least six months upon entry. Additional information will be updated on the Citizen Ambassador Programs Delegate Communications Site.
- Many participants choose to purchase travel insurance. I suggest checking with the credit card company for the card that you used to purchase your flights.
Predeparture Communications and Action Items
- The Final Schedule of Activities, reflecting the composition of the delegation, meeting agendas, and counterpart information, will be sent approximately 30 days prior to convene via email and will be on the DCS.
- The logistics information, including hotel telephone numbers and contact information, will be sent approximately 30 days prior to convene via email and will be available on the DCS
- Please complete theProfessional Profile Form to assist our delegation leader and overseas hosts in planning your professional program, and to best meet your expectations for this delegation.
- Add guests to your trip using the Accompanying Guest Enrollment Form. Guests are invited to participate in a culturally immersive program with visits to a variety of places including Salé, an old walled city on the Atlantic coast, three different museums, and Fez, the second largest city in Morocco! More information can be found on the DCS under Professional Exchange Preparation/ Morocco Travel Information/ Guest Program for Morocco.
- Take full advantage of this opportunity to travel by registering for the optional Cultural Extension to the Erg Chebbi Desert.
- As soon as you have booked your flights, please submit them in the Flight Information Form, this will assist us with the transfer and visa requirements.
Covid-19 Travel Precaution Requirements
- Covid-19 Travel Precaution Requirements change frequently, these will be updated closer to departure.
Thank you for your participation in this exciting exchange program.
If you have any additional questions, please contact me.
Director, Citizen Ambassador Program