May 2, 2022
Dear ACNM Delegates,
I am writing with news regarding your upcoming delegation to the UAE, convening in Abu Dhabi on November 12, 2022. We are pleased to confirm the program will proceed. In consultation with our partners in the UAE, we have reversed the order of cities to be visited. The delegation will now begin in Abu Dhabi and conclude in Dubai.
The Delegate Communications Site (DCS) can be accessed at Citizen Ambassador Programs Delegate Communications Site . Over the next few months as we prepare for you delegation, we will continue to update this site with travel and professional program information. Your updated Preliminary Schedule of Activities is available on the site at Delegations/American College of Nurse Midwives/Preliminary Schedule of Activities. You can also access the Professional Profile Form from this site. If you have not completed your profile form, I ask that you complete this for as soon as possible.
Flight Arrangements and Arrival Visa
- In preparation for your departure, you may wish to schedule your flights to Abu Dhabi arriving on November 12 (departing the US on November 11) and departing from Dubai on November 18, 2022.
- The majority of flights, departing the US and arriving in Abu Dhabi on November 12, arrive between 4pm and 11pm, and depart Dubai on November 18, 2022 , between 6am and 1pm. Airport transfer will be provided for participants arriving and departing in these transfer windows. We will do our best to adjust the transfer window to catch all arrivals and departures. I ask that you send a copy of your flight arrangements as soon as they are made so that my team may coordinate the transfers.
- Many delegates have expressed an interest in booking round-trip fares, in and out of the same airport, to obtain a more favorable airfare, on some airlines. If you choose to arrive in or depart from the city opposite of the city in which the program begins or ends, we will arrange private transfers for you. The travel time is approximately 1 hour. The added cost is $140 each way. We will also advise you of other delegates arriving at the same time in the same location as you, as we get closer to departure. I ask that you send a copy of your flight arrangements as soon as they are made so that my team may coordinate the transfers.
- If you choose to arrive early/later or depart earlier/later, please note that you will need to make your own arrangements for airport transfers or additional hotel reservations. The cost for extra nights and private transfers will be posted on the Citizen Ambassador Programs Delegate Communications Site.
- The Entry Visa for Abu Dhabi must be obtained upon arrival at the airport. Additional information will be updated on the Citizen Ambassador Programs Delegate Communications Site.
- Please send a copy of your flight arrangements to me as soon as they are booked, this will assist us with the transfer and visa requirements. Please send to email@example.com .
- Many participants choose to purchase travel insurance. I suggest checking with the credit card company for the card used to purchase your flights.
Predeparture Communications and Professional Profile
- The Final Schedule of Activities, reflecting the composition of the delegation, meeting agendas, and counterpart information, will be sent approximately 30 days prior to departure via email and will be on the DCS.
- The logistics information, including hotel telephone numbers and contact information, will be sent approximately 30 days prior to departure via email and will be available on the DCS
Covid-19 Travel Precaution Requirements
- Covid-19 Travel Precaution Requirements change frequently, these will be updated closer to departure.
On behalf of ACNM and Dr. Collins-Fulea, thank you for your participation in this exciting exchange program.
If you have any additional questions, please contact me.
Director, Citizen Ambassador Program
CC: Balu Menon