Dear NANN Delegates,
I am writing with news regarding your upcoming delegation to the UAE, convening in Abu Dhabi on January 28th, 2023. We are pleased to confirm the program will proceed. The delegation will begin in Abu Dhabi and conclude in Dubai.
The Delegate Communications Site (DCS) can be accessed at Citizen Ambassador Programs Delegate Communications Site. Over the next few months as we prepare for you delegation, we will continue to update this site with travel and professional program information. Your updated Preliminary Schedule of Activities is available on the site at Delegations/ National Association of Neonatal Nurses / Preliminary Schedule of Activities.
Flight Arrangements and Arrival Visa
- In preparation for your departure, you may wish to schedule your flights to Abu Dhabi arriving on January 28th, 2023 (departing the US on January 27th, 2023) and departing from Dubai on February 3rd, 2023.
- The majority of flights, departing the US and arriving in Abu Dhabi on January 28th, arrive between 2pm and 8pm, and depart Dubai on February 3rd, between 2am and 9am. Airport transfer will be provided for participants arriving and departing in these transfer windows. We will do our best to adjust the transfer window to catch all arrivals and departures.
- Many delegates have expressed an interest in booking round-trip fares, in and out of the same airport, to obtain a more favorable airfare, on some airlines. If you choose to arrive in or depart from the city opposite of the city in which the program begins or ends, we will arrange private transfers for you. The travel time between the two cities is approximately 1 hour and the added cost is $140 each way. We will also advise you of other delegates arriving at the same time in the same location as you, as we get closer to departure. If you are interested in private transfer arrangements, please send a copy of your flight arrangements to CitizenAmbassador@CulturalVistas.org and submit the Flight Information Form as soon as possible so that my team may coordinate the transfers.
- If you choose to arrive early/later or depart earlier/later, please note that you will need to make your own arrangements for airport transfers or additional hotel reservations. The cost for extra nights and private transfers will be posted on the Citizen Ambassador Programs Delegate Communications Site.
- The Entry Visa for Abu Dhabi must be obtained upon arrival at the airport. Additional information will be updated on the Citizen Ambassador Programs Delegate Communications Site.
- Many participants choose to purchase travel insurance. I suggest checking with the credit card company for the card used to purchase your flights.
Predeparture Communications and Action Items
- The Final Schedule of Activities, reflecting the composition of the delegation, meeting agendas, and counterpart information, will be sent approximately 30 days prior to departure via email and will be on the DCS.
- The logistics information, including hotel telephone numbers and contact information, will be sent approximately 30 days prior to departure via email and will be available on the DCS
- Please complete theProfessional Profile Form to assist our delegation leader and overseas hosts in planning your professional program, and to best meet your expectations for this delegation.
- Add guests to your trip using the Accompanying Guest Enrollment Form. Guests are invited to participate in a culturally immersive program with visits to a variety of places in Abu Dhabi, ranging from Ferrari World to Bollywood Theme Park! More information can be found on the DCS under Professional Exchange Preparation/ UAE Travel Information/ UAE Guest Program for Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Please note that the cost for an accompanying guest is the same as a professional delegate, as the program cost is based on double occupancy and your guest will have a parallel program while you are in your professional meetings.
- Take full advantage of this opportunity to travel by registering for the optional Cultural Extension to Oman.
- As soon as you have booked your flights, please submit them in the Flight Information Form, this will assist us with the transfer and visa requirements.
Covid-19 Travel Precaution Requirements
- Covid-19 Travel Precaution Requirements change frequently, these will be updated closer to departure.
Thank you for your participation in this exciting exchange program.
If you have any additional questions, please contact me.
Director, Citizen Ambassador Program
CC: Balu Menon