Dear Delegates and Accompanying Guests,
We are nearing the final days before your departure. We hope that you have had an opportunity to review the UAE Travel Readiness information including weather, currency, electrical requirements, and additional travel suggestions.
Airline regulations require identification tags on your luggage. We are placing in the mail to you today, two bright orange luggage tags. Delegates will be receiving their guest’s luggage tags. Please put one on your checked luggage and another on your carry-on luggage before leaving your home. Please add your name and contact information on the identification card inside of the luggage tag. These tags will help our ground team to identify luggage at the airport and for the hotel bell staff.
Please note: For international flights to and from UAE each person in economy (coach) class is limited to two suitcases with weight of each piece not to exceed 50 pounds. Should you exceed this limit, an excess luggage charge is enforced and will be collected by the airline.
Early next week the Final Information for your Delegation will be posted on the website, on a secure page for your delegation. You will receive an email when this is posted along with the password to access this information.
Your final information will include:
- Travel Essentials Information- please print this information and carry with your travel documents. This will include emergency contact information and hotel contact information.
- Airport arrival and departure transfer information, so that you will know if other delegates are on your flights or arriving at the same time. This information will also include the name and contact information for the ground representative meeting your flight, and the itinerary for both the professional and the accompanying guest programs.
- Hotel contact Information- available now on the UAE Travel Information page (UAE Delegation Hotel Information – Citizen Ambassador Program)
- Rooming list
- Roster of Delegates
- Professional Profiles for each delegate
- Background on your Delegation Leader(s) – available now on the Delegation Leaders’ page (Select your delegation under UAE Destinations à Nursing Exchange Programs with the UAE à 2022 Nursing Exchange Program Delegations)
Your name badges will be distributed upon arrival by your airport representative or Delegation Manager. Please wear your name badge throughout the program, so you are easily identified as a member of the delegation.
Covid-19 Precaution Requirements
As our delegation will be visiting hospitals and other public facilities, our delegation ( both Professionals and Accompanying Guests) will need to take a PCR Covid-19 test before entering these facilities/ public buildings. The required PCR test will be coordinated by our ground team at the hotel on the first day. The UAE has launched a Covid-19 test results mobile phone application called Alhosn. Final Information will include instructions on downloading and registering the application on your phone.
You are not required to take a PCR test prior to arrival in the UAE.
Citizen Ambassador Team
Dawn Davis, Program Director
Kasey McKevitt, Assistant Program Officer