Dear Citizen Ambassador,
Congratulations. As an invited member of your association, you have been accepted as a Cultural Vistas Citizen Ambassador, representing your association on this important international exchange.
Citizen Ambassadors is a Program of Cultural Vistas, an international nonprofit organization and leader in developing high-level, international professional exchanges. As the Director of the Citizen Ambassador Program, and on behalf of your association and delegation leader, I would like to welcome you to the delegation and provide you with additional information on the exchange.
Your international counterparts and delegation leaders prepare for your delegation’s travel overseas for several months ahead of the delegation convene date. We realize that you also must prepare extensively before traveling abroad.
The Citizen Ambassador Program Delegation Communication Site (DCS) serves as an access point for you to receive all delegation materials. Each delegation has a unique landing page which includes the required forms, pre-travel information, delegation announcements, schedule updates and background materials for your delegation.
All communications for your delegation will be posted in the Communications History section, after being emailed.
Important: we recommend that you review the Communications History section of your Delegation DCS as soon as possible, and that you periodically check this site for communications you may have missed. We begin communicating with the delegation within a few weeks of the program launch, as such updated information may be available depending on when your application was accepted for the delegation. A program of this nature requires considerable coordination and your prompt response to requests for information is appreciated.
For delegates, registering within 90 days (about 3 months) prior to the convene date for your delegation, please read all prior communications, as important travel information will be posted.
Over the next few months, we will communicate with you via e-mail, and via the delegation information site, so please ensure that your email address will not be stopped by spam filters on your system. You will receive two key communications containing the majority of information necessary for the delegation, along with some reminder emails regarding the required forms and the pre-departure call. All communications sent to the delegation will also be posted on the delegation landing page.
The two key email communications are:
- The Commencement Announcement (below) formally announces the program will proceed as we have met the minimum number of accepted applications. This E-mail communication addresses critical information such final calls for the collection of necessary documents, flight information, WhatsApp setup processes, and country specific travel material. As such, we ask that you review carefully. Additional information in the Commencement Announcement includes:
- Flight Booking Recommendations (if applicable): Do not book your flightsuntil we have made the Commencement Announcement. Transfers are ONLY provided for the suggested Airport Arrival and Departure windows outlined in the Commencement Announcement. Our pre-travel information will include information on safe and reliable airport transfers if your flights do not meet our suggested arrival and departure schedules/ transfers. If you book your flights in advance of receiving this information, and they do not align with the set arrival and departure transfers, you will be responsible for any necessitated change fees, cancellation fees or transfer costs.
- Independent Booking for Additional Transfer and Hotel Accommodations: Information for booking additional hotel and transfer arrangements for arrivals and departures outside of the included accommodations.
- The Final Program Update will be sent approximately 30 days (about 3-4 weeks) before the delegation convenes. The Final Program Update details the Final Professional Program and Guest schedule of activities, delegation logistics information, contact information for delegation managers and hotels, the list of delegates and guest on the provided airport transfers, and the rooming list and roster of delegates. Additional Information in The Final Program Update includes:
- Travel Readiness: The Travel Readiness page will address common travel concerns regarding currency, electrical requirements, and cultural awareness advice.
- Travel Essentials: The Travel Essentials page includes COVID-19, Visa, and arrival information, and Passport Requirements.
- Delegation Information: This password-protected page includes the delegation Roster and Rooming List,Delegate Professional Profiles, and Arrival and Departure Windows, and Pre-Departure Call.
- Cultural Briefing: The Cultural Briefing for your delegation can be found on your delegation’s landing page. This includes information ranging from history, cuisine, or dress to other significant cultural practices of note.
- Professional Program Preparation: The Professional Program Preparation information can be found on your delegation site. This information will include meeting attire, program flexibility and how to work with translators.
Today: Please be sure to complete the following action items:
- Vaccine and Passport documentation. Please provide a copy of your Covid-19 vaccination card and the picture page of your passport. These materials are required by many of your professional meeting counterparts, hotels and transportation services. If you have questions regarding this request, or need to update your passport, please advise our team as soon as possible. If we have not received the materials by the deadline announced in the Program Commencement E-mail, you may be removed from the program and your deposit will be forfeited.
- Program Cultural Extension: Enroll for the optional cultural exchange if your delegation offers it. If you did not enroll at the time of application and you would like to participate, please email CitizenAmbassador@culturalvistas.org. The Itinerary for the Extension will be found on the DCS, as soon as it is available. The extension will give you the opportunity to further explore the region and the rich culture of the people you will be meeting during the professional program.
If you are planning on participating, it is important that your Vaccine and Passport documentation is submitted to secure the added transportation and accommodations.
- Accompanying Guests: If you wish to bring a travel companion, non-professional guests can share this unique experience with you by participating in the parallel guest program. You may enroll your guest on the same application portal as your professional application. Please note that the cost for an accompanying guest is the same as a professional delegate. Your guest will have a parallel program while you are in your professional meetings. The guest program information can be found on your DCS as soon as it is available.
- Professional Presentations: If you wish to make a professional presentation, as may be required for your funding, or as it will add to the professional experience, we ask that you submit a brief outline (250 words) for review. Additional Information can be found on the DCS under the Forms and Miscellaneous
We are so pleased that you have chosen to participate in this important exchange. If we can assist you at any time, please contact me at email@example.com, or Kasey McKevitt, Assistant Program Officer, at 202-545-7034.
Director, Citizen Ambassador Program